Please find below a variety of helpful website resources to help acquaint you with Baton Rouge!
- Baton Rouge Area Chamber of Commerce | BRAC is writing a bold new chapter in the success story of our region and leading the way in the quest for growth and expansion. The rapidly-growing Baton Rouge area is Louisiana's new economic engine — turbo-charged with unprecedented incentives. BRAC is dedicated to fostering a strong, growing economy throughout the nine-parish Baton Rouge area by serving as the primary advocate and change agent for the region's business community.
- Baton Rouge Lodging Association | The Baton Rouge Lodging Association, formerly the Hotel Motel Association of Greater Baton Rouge, was chartered in 1955 as the first group of hotel managers, who organized primarily to discuss issues dealing with legislation and the promotion of the quickly expanding hospitality industry.
- Baton Rouge Recreation & Parks | BREC operates public park and recreation facilities and programs throughout East Baton Rouge Parish, Louisiana, USA. This award-winning agency is a member of NRPA (The National Recreation and Park Association) and has been nationally accredited and recognized as one of America's premier recreation and park departments. BREC maintains 184 parks that feature a wide variety of quality facilities with family-oriented leisure activities for all ages and population groups.
- Baton Rouge Zoo | The Zoo is a place where people connect with animals. Over the past forty years, the Zoo has grown to become the #1 year-round family attraction in Baton Rouge. With more than a quarter million guests each year, the Zoo attracts visitors of all ages and backgrounds. The Zoo is a favorite place for families and groups to discover the animal kingdom.
- Emergency Information & Phone Numbers | You'll find everything from the American Red Cross, the Food Bank and area Shelters to Disease Control, Electricity and the Sheriff's Office here.
- Nature, Tours and Recreation in the Atchafalaya Basin | Soooo much to do in Louisiana! An American-Indian word, "Atchafalaya" (Think of a sneeze: uh-CHA-fuh-lie-uh) means long river. Established in 2006, the Atchafalaya National Heritage Area stretches across 14 parishes in south-central Louisiana. It is among the most culturally rich and ecologically varied regions in the United States, home to the widely recognized Cajun culture as well as a diverse population of European, African, Caribbean and Native-American descent.
- Places to Eat in Baton Rouge | this is where you need to be if you are getting ready to take a trip to the Bayou State for fish, crabs, or oysters The restaurants you read about on these pages are some of my personal favorites. I take pride in the seafood of Louisiana and I know you will enjoy it as much as I do.
- The Advocate - Baton Rouge's Newspaper | For all the latest News, Sports and Weather across Baton Rouge and around the world look here. This publication may have a biased slant.
- The Baton Rouge Symphony Orchestra | Founded in 1947, the Baton Rouge Symphony is the oldest arts organization in the region and the oldest professional orchestra in the state. Its programs include a Symphony League, a Symphony Chorus, and the Louisiana Youth Orchestras. The Baton Rouge Symphony Orchestra also reaches over 7,000 young people per year while conducting numerous education and outreach programs.
- Visitors Convention Bureau | Rapidly moving forward to become America's next great city, Baton Rouge is a city that has been and continues to be shaped by a variety of cultural and environmental influences. Our rich cultural tradition can be seen in our unique attractions, heard in our Zydeco, Blues and Cajun music, and tasted in our blend of Creole, African-American, French and Spanish cuisine. Baton Rouge is truly the center of Louisiana's cultural excitement.